Helping the NHS do more
There are more than 240 NHS charities across the UK and most of them focus on helping our hospitals do more. Collectively these charities give £1 million every day to the NHS so that people can stay well for longer and get better faster. In recent years NHS charities have funded major capital projects, pioneering research and medical equipment at our hospitals, helping patients access the best possible care when they need it most.
They also play a key role in mobilising volunteers to support NHS staff, brightening wards and waiting areas with colourful and engaging art and building an important link between our hospitals and our communities. Other NHS charities support mental health trusts, community health trusts and ambulance trusts.
These vital funds and services are above and beyond what the NHS alone can provide, touching lives and making a huge difference to millions of people when they are at their most vulnerable.
NHS Charities Together
NHS Charities Together is the new trading name of The Association of NHS Charities, a membership organisation representing, supporting and championing NHS Charities.
NHS Charities Together provides a forum for nationwide fundraising and advocacy campaigns; specialist advice and guidance; bespoke conferences and training opportunities, as well as access to online resources and support through exclusive member pages on our website.
NHS Charities Together also provides the collective voice of NHS Charities on a National scale and the impact they make.
NHS Charities help to meet all strands of the NHS Long Term Plan. Find out how in our NHS Charities Together brochure.
Take a look at our December 2020 Covid-19 Appeal impact report.
You can also check out our collective NHS Charities Impact report “Learning together as a sector: NHS charities using shared measurement”
£457 million fundraised
£457 million fundraised by our members in the last year
Over £1 million spent
Over £1 million spent enhancing the NHS patient experience EVERY DAY
The NHS Charities Together vision is to:
‘Inspire NHS Charities to become the Nation’s biggest independent supporter of Health and Well-being’
Our Mission is:
That we will support the development of NHS charity members to enable them to:
– become high functioning charities
– add great value to their associated NHS Trust(s), its patients and staff as well as their wider communities
– be recognised by their Trust as a major strategic partner
Our Values are:
To strive to be an organisation that:
- Is accessible to all charities in the sector, corporate and independent
- Is proactive in all its activities
- Believes in working together with members and creating networking opportunities for all
- Seeks at all times to promote best practice, including the unique status and governance of NHS charities
- Is reflective and learning from its experiences
- We will be the number one source of support and development for NHS charities, promoting charity best practice, fostering mutual support and discussing matters of mutual interest
- We will be the authoritative voice for NHS charities to represent members’ views to key stakeholders and where possible to collaborate with them in pursuit of NHS Charities Together’s vision
- We will promote the profile of NHS charities nationally
- We will ensure NHS Charities Together is a financially sustainable organisation that develops its staff, ensuring it has the right skills and resources to achieve its 5 year strategy
- We will demonstrate the impact of NHS Charities Together and of our members
We currently have over 240 members.
Through our membership services we provide support and development for your NHS charity – promoting charity best practise, fostering mutual support and discussing matters of mutual interest.
Our fantastic members receive a variety of support, advice and guidance in the form of:
- Access to high profile and nationwide NHS Charities Together campaigns and NHS Big Tea 2020
- NHS Charities Together website with members only area including digital resources for fundraising, finances, governance and grant-making, and much more.
- Invitation to free high quality nationwide conference and networking opportunities: In 2020 these include: 3 Charity Leaders Networking Lunches, 2 Fundraising Conferences, 1 Finance/Grant-making, 1 Members Forum (subject to booking T&Cs)
- Invitation to new bonus fee paying ‘masterclass’ events (subject to booking T&Cs)
- Access to regional mutual interest groups to support fundraising (12 groups in total throughout the UK)
- Access to our new pilot mentoring programme
- Bespoke advice and guidance from our central team and informal support
NHS Charities Together is the trading name of the Association of NHS Charities. Registered Charity No 1186569 Company No 12325259